ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Thuthuka Bursary Fund is intended for academically strong black and coloured students, who wish to pursue a career in Chartered Accountancy.
Each year, the bursary aims to assist between 250 and 300 students study BCom Accounting at SAICA-accredited universities (of which are listed in the “eligibility” requirements below). Students who excel in Mathematics and are achieving in their other subjects are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Previously disadvantaged race group – coloured or african
- Proven financial need
- Meets university entrance qualifying criteria
- Achieved a minimum of 60% or level 5 for Mathematics in Grade 11 (end of year results)
- Currently in Matric/ Grade 12
- Intend on studying BCom Accounting
- Applied or in the process of applying to study at one of the following accredited universities: University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University, University of Johannesburg, University of Witwatersrand, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, University of Pretoria, University of the Free State, North-West University, Rhodes University
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Thuthuka Bursary Fund Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, you can download the latest application form from the SAICA website at: click here
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- 1 x colour photo (ID/ passport size)
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies of)
- Parents/ guardians other dependents ID documents (certified copies of)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income – latest payslips (certified copies of) OR affidavit if unemployed
- Grade 11 end of year results
- Matric end of year results (if completed)
- Letter from your school principal confirming enrolment and subjects (stamped by the school)
- Motivational letter explaining the following: Why you want to become a Chartered Accountant, Why should you receive this bursary.
- Short essay about yourself, your career aspirations and your family
- University proof of acceptance – to be submitted when received
Completed application forms and supporting documentation must be sent to:
Thuthuka Bursary Fund
PO Box 59875
30 April 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SAICA directly:
Contact Person: Jane Seate (Thuthuka Bursary Fund: Coordinator)
Tel: 086 107 2422
Contact Person: Constance Mbili (Thuthuka Bursary Fund: Admin Assistant)
Tel: 086 107 2422