ABOUT THE COMPANY – ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM
Anglo American Platinum Limited, founded in 1995, is the biggest primary producer of platinum across the globe, producing almost 40% of the supply each year. The South African based company operates mainly in Johannesburg, with most of its operations occurring within the Bushveld Igneous Complex where a range of mineral commodities are found.
The company produces 3 ranges of products, namely precious metals (ie. gold), base metals (ie. chrome; copper; cobalt sulphate; sodium sulphate and nickel), and Platinum Group Metals (ie. platinum; rhodium; palladium; ruthenium; iridium and osmium).
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Anglo Platinum Limited Bursary is aimed at top achieving students who are pursuing their studies (or intend on studying) within the Mining industry.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Ventilation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Rock/ Mining Geotechnical Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Environmental Studies
- Analytical Chemistry
- Occupational Hygiene
- Human Resources
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION PROCESS
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary programme: registration and tuition fees, meals, accommodation, prescribed textbook allowance, a laptop or laptop allowance and a monthly stipend. Students may also receive the opportunity to take part in vacation work.
Screening interviews will be conducted to assess students technical skills and interpersonal skills. Shortlisted candidates may then be required to take part in psychometric assessments and site visits. Final interviews will be conducted whereby recipients will be selected. If you do not receive any feedback by 31 July, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Once students have graduated, they must take up permanent employment at Anglo American. The service period will be equal to the duration of bursary funding received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Matric (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Science in Matric (not required if not studying towards a Finance or Accountancy qualification)
- Studying or intend on studying full time towards an undergraduate qualification within one of the aforementioned mining-related fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric latest results AND Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy of)
- Full tertiary academic record to date, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy of)
- Proof of tertiary registration
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Anglo American Platinum Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
The Bursary Department
Anglo Platinum Development Centre
P.O. Box 450
15 May 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Anglo American Platinum directly:
Department: Human Resources
Tel: 014 596 0190 / 014 596 0184