GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The HR and Payroll Administrator will be required to manage the end to end payroll and payroll related accounting function for all employees on VIP payroll system.
- This includes permanent and temporary employees for all departments/projects.
- Ensuring that all payroll payments and approvals are made in line with the Company policies, processes and procedures.
- In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of employee HR records including leave management on VIP ESS and PROMAN.
- Three or more years of HR and payroll experience.
- Minimum qualification of Diploma / Degree in Human Resources / Payroll Diploma or similar.
- 3 to 5 years of payroll processing experience for an employer with multiple locations and projects.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and VIP Payroll and ESS.
- Report writing using VIP payroll is essential.
- Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment
- A committed team player, detail oriented and an effective communicator.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fully functional in Payroll using VIP Payroll system.
- Submission of UIF Declarations.
- Submission of IRP5’s at Tax year end and bi annual tax submission to SARS.
- Reports for payment SARS and other third party payments.
- Ensuring timeous and accurate reports for payments of Garnishees and Pension Fund.
- Prepare EFT files for salaries and other adhoc payments.
- Implement Earnings, Deductions, Company Contributions, Annual Bonuses, Commissions Annual Increases, 13th Cheque and Performance Bonuses.
- Importing batches from Excel into VIP.
- Salary checklists and variance reports that enlist all new additions, terminations, maternity etc for approval by relevant managers.
- VIP Recons before closing off the payroll.
- Filing of all payroll documentation.
- Checking and obtaining approval for all expense claims, Overtime and leave applications in line with the policy and escalating any exceptions to the HR Manager.
- Creating and maintaining employee files and ensuring that all required documentation is received and filed.
- Ensuring that Sanlam fund withdrawal forms for terminated employees are completed and submitted to the fund administrator.
- Issuing certificate of service to all terminated employees.
- Liaise with and assist the auditors for payroll-related queries.
- Resolve employee queries.
- All ad hoc administration functions.
- Managing all HR Employee information on the HR System.
- Controlling of Leave records and balances.
- Ensuring Employee files are maintained and up to date.
- Appointment letters.
- Increase letters.
- Processing UIF Forms for Terminations and Maternity Leave.
- Providing accurate data for input to EE Reporting.
- Maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as disciplinaries and training, and prepare associated management reports.
- Prepare the annual Employment Equity report and Skills Development Report
- Distribute payslips to employees.
- Prepare and submit monthly Worker’s Composition report.
- Process posting of payroll results for finance.
- Supporting other HR staff.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent leadership skills.
- A very strong and mature personality.
- Good communication skills, especially good use of the English language.
- Very professional attitude towards the staff.
- Must be passionate, have excellent organization skills.
- Must be reliable, self-motivating, and commercially aware.
- Must have proven and relevant payroll experience as well as excellent. computer skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Time management skills – able to plan, prioritize and organize.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Accurate with attention to detail, able to work under pressure.
|Accurate recording of employee HR Master data.||Daily|
|Accurate payroll monthly.||Monthly|
|Support for HR staff.||Daily|
|Processing Sanlam withdrawals, UIF Forms.||Weekly|