ABOUT THE COMPANY – INDWE RISK SERVICES
Indwe Risk Services (Pty) Ltd was founded in 2006 as the result of a merger between 2 companies, namely Thebe Risk Services and Prestasi Brokers. The company is a leader in the insurance advisory, as well as personal, specialist and business risk sector.
Indwe is the isiZulu and isiXhosa name for the Blue Crane, the national bird of South Africa. The company prides itself on its strong heritage with Nurturing; Willingness; Innovation; Drive and Eagerness being its core values.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Indwe Risk Services will be awarding 10 bursaries to learners currently in their second or third year of study towards a Commerce degree, studying at an approved University.
The partial bursary will help students cover their registration fees and tuition fees – to the value of R30 000. Bursaries may be renewed each year, based on the discretion of Indwe Risk Services and students academic performance.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
On completion of their studies, bursary recipients will be required to enter into a service level obligation – 6 months of paid service for each year of funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying towards a Commerce degree qualification (in your 2nd/ 3rd year)
- Passed your previous semester with a minimum overall average of 60%
- Studying at one of the following Universities:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Forte Hare
- University of Zululand
- University of Venda
- Rhodes University
- Walter Sisulu University
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- North-West University
- University of Limpopo
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- University of the Free State
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- Fluent in English, as well as at least ONE other South African language
- Able to work well within a team
- Good communication skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Indwe Risk Services Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Proof of registration at one of the aforementioned universities
- Latest student account statement
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ sworn affidavits if unemployed/ latest financial statements or sworn affidavit if self-employed/ proof of SASSA grants if applicable/ legal guardians payslip if living with a legal guardian while parents are alive)
- Proof of residence
- Motivational essay (1 page document – further details can be found on the application form)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to the Indwe Learning and Development Division: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “IRS Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
15 June 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Indwe Risk Services directly:
Contact Person: Genoulda Moore (Executive Head: HR)
Tel: 011 912 7300
Fax: 011 990 0001