ABOUT THE COMPANY – HWSETA
The Health and Welfare Sector Education and Training Authority (HWSETA) is just 1 of South Africa’s 21 Sector Education Training Authorities (SETAs). The HWSETA is responsible for training, education and skills development requirements of veterinary, health and social development and sectors of the country.
The HWSETA aims to up-skill health and social development workers, in order that they may provide world-class quality services. Their core values include: Transparency; Transformation; Integrity and Service Excellence.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The HWSETA Postgraduate Bursary will fund postgraduate students pursuing areas of study relating to Health and Social Development. Preference will be given to students conducting research proposals within the following areas:
- Primary Health Care; Information, Communications and Technology within the health sector
- Infant Mortality; ethical and legal issues within health and welfare
- Environmental health and Occupational safety
- Disability; youth-child-elderly and mental health care
- Health Economics and Labour Market studies
- Demography and population studies
- Epidemiology and clinical leadership
- Integration of African indigenous medicine into the mainstream health care services
- Contemporary social development issues (including capacity building and governance in the non-governmental sector)
Honours students who are pursuing programmes that will lead to professional registration and licensing may also apply (various streams within Nursing Education, Psychology and other Clinical Programmes).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Employed or unemployed
- Studying towards a Postgraduate qualification (Masters/ Honours/ Doctoral/ Post-Doctoral) – preferably a research proposal within one of the aforementioned areas
- Studying at a recognised university in South Africa
- Learners with disabilities are welcome to apply
Selection criteria will be based on the following factors:
- Scope of study and relevance to the sector
- Academic Merit
- Potential innovation and impact in the sector
- Publication potential
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the HWSETA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy of)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institute
- Draft research proposal
- Itemized and detailed project budget
- Motivational letter regarding your financial need (1 page)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “HWSETA Postgraduate Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
30 July 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact HWSETA directly:
Contact Person: Dr Sipho Buthelezi