ABOUT THE COMPANY – SEIFSA
The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA) was founded under the national umbrella organisation, the South African Federation of Engineering and Metallurgical Associations (SAFEMA), in 1941 in Bloemfontein and in 1942 in Cape Town. SEIFSA is a national employer Federation which represents the engineering and metal industry. The company has, for the past 70 years, provided employer Associations with support and campaigned for policies to improve the business environment for their members.
SEIFSA’s main mission is to be the utmost respected advocate within the engineering and metal industry in Southern Africa, so that they may develop innovative businesses prospected for growth and working alongside stakeholders for the best interests of the country.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
SEIFSA bursaries are intended for undergraduate Engineering students, with strong academic results.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Materials Science
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary award: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and transport.
Once students have graduated, they are expected to work within the steel and engineering manufacturing sector at a company based in South Africa. The service contract period is 6 months for every year of funding received.
Recipients are selected based on academic performance. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and final applicants will be informed of their application outcome by the end of December.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 35 years old or younger
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 75% for Matric
- Achieved good academic results for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or registered (and accepted) to study at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Passed your tertiary institutions standard aptitude test (or similar)
- Proven financial need (total income of maximum R20 000 for a single parents and maximum R40 000 for combined income)
- *Preference will be given to students from designated groups, as well as employees of SEIFSA member companies and dependents
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the SEIFSA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You are strongly advised to also download and agree to the SEIFSA Bursary Terms and Conditions(.pdf) before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Colour photo (passport size)
- Matric results, if currently in Matric (certified copy of)
- Proof of registration or proof of acceptance at your selected tertiary institution
- Latest academic results transcript (certified copy of)
- Testimonial from someone of authority (school or employer)
- Motivational letter explaining why you chose your field of study or career path and how you expect to make a positive contribution to society, if currently in Matric (maximum 1 page)
- Summary of your results from previous year, if currently in your 2nd to 4th year of tertiary studies
- Proof of parents income (payslips)
- Medical declaration, if required for your field of study
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
(Insert the words “SEIFSA Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
2) Fax: 011 298 9543
3) Post: SEIFSA Human Capital and Skills Development Services, P O Box 1338, Johannesburg, 2000
4) Hand delivered: 6th Floor, Metal Industries House, 42 Anderson Street, Johannesburg, 2000
30 November 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SEIFSA directly:
The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA)
Contact Person: Khanya Vilakazi (Human Capital and Skills Development Manager)
Tel: 011 298 9425