Position Title: HRBP Support
The Main Purpose of the job is to support HR and Management at the Durban Assembly Plant to drive key HR related issues that drive business performance and participate in the delivering of business goals.
Reporting: This role will be reporting to the HR Manager, Durban Assembly Plant.
- Support HR Manger to ensure that HR strategy and activities are aligned with and ensure the delivery of business goals.
- Day to day operational support for the site
- Coordinate and facilitate site inductions for new staff including explanation of new starter packs, identification and access cards.
- Support site with recruitment, administration and starter packs
- Co-ordinate all related meetings at the Plant/Trainings/Catering requirements
- Support with minute taking and action logs
- Co-ordination all performance evaluation reconciliations with Managers/Production Leaders/Team Leaders for all blue collar employees and Learners/Temps
- Consolidate and co-ordinate monthly KRONOS Report for Business Control and hours per truck.
- Co-ordinate all Legal compliance training needs/plan and arrange training/book medicals with clinic/follow up on medical reports and invoices for payment.
- Commit to continuous improvement of services, systems and processes.
- Promote Volvo Group values in the organisation
- Ensure effective, open communication practices to foster a cross functional, collaborative team environment with all departments.
- Support the effective implementation of HR policies, methodologies and guidelines.
- Proactively build and promote strong employee trust and open communication between all levels through the use of different Volvo tools
- Support all wellness-related matters
- Secure that the business unit complies with employment laws, legislation and applicable Volvo policies.
- Must be able to communicate all levels within the Plant
Education and Job Experience
- Must a Matric Certificate
- Must have a Human Resources Management Diploma or Degree
- Must be Computer Literate on MS office, Excel, KRONOS
- Must have minimum 3-4 years previous working experience in HR/automotive/manufacturing environment
- National Bargaining Forum experience will be advantageous
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to develop effective relationships at all levels within the company.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly
- Interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Creative, curious and open mind
- Integrity, courage and trustworthy
- Knowledge and understanding of operational HR.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date