ABOUT THE COMPANY – AFRICAN SCHOLARS’ FUND
The African Scholars’ Fund opened its door when it saw a great need for quality education during the apartheid years. Today, they help by financially assisting learners from poor families with their secondary school and TVET college education fees.
The fund aims to contribute by way of monetary donations towards students school fees, uniform and transport costs. The ASF does not stop at providing financial support, they also mentor, motivate and nurture their recipients until their studies are complete. They are entirely focused on students wellbeing by monitoring and providing feedback on their academic progress – keeping in regular contact with bursars.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Bursary awards will be granted to students within ALL fields of study, who pursue their studies at a FET College, N1 – N6 qualification and certain practical courses.
The bursary award will cover the cost of registration fees and course fees only.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 25 years of age or younger
- Completed Grade 10 Science and Mathematics (minimum)
- Currently studying or intend on studying on a full-time basis at an FET College,
- Studying currently in college, much have achieved a minimum average of 50% for all exams and tests completed.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the African Scholars Fund Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following documents must be submitted with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric report/ certificate (certified copy of)
- If in college: prior college exam statements of results
- If in college: current class test results
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ pension receipts/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased)
- Motivational letter about why you deserve the bursary and your household circumstances (in applicants handwriting)
- Stamped and self-addressed envelope
Complete application forms and documents must be submitted via post to:
PO Box 294
(No faxed or emailed applications will be considered).
First semester: 31 October 2019.
Second semester: 31 May 2019.
First trimester: 31 October 2019.
Second trimester: 31 March 2019.
Third trimester: 31 July 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)